TEEN LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Join ATX Kids Club and develop your leadership skills alongside one of our amazing Field Trip Leaders as we explore the Austin and the Central Texas Region together. Each teen (ages 13-17) will learn alongside one of our Field Trip Leaders, taking daily adventures with a group of young campers between the ages of 4-8. Hours are 8:45am-4:45pm daily. Link to Teen Leadership Application is below. Deadline to apply for Summer 2023 is May 1, 2023.
- Ability to maintain high energy and enthusiasm for a strenuous week of adventures
- Enjoys working with children
- Willingness to follow directions carefully and trust in the guidance of your assigned Field Trip Leader
- Patience and respect for all youth/campers in our program
- A fun and positive approach to Summer Camp and life in general!
- Demonstrate responsibility, self-control, and a positive attitude.
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience working with diverse communities preferred
- Flexible and able to deal with unexpected situations
- Letter of recommendation, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend mandatory volunteer training session, date tbd upon acceptance into program.
- Volunteer for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Complete Teen Leadership Application. (Looking for our Adult Volunteer Application? Click here)
- Teens will develop leadership skills.
- Teens will gain a sense of reward from working with adventurous campers.
- Teens gain valuable job experience and volunteer hours.
- Teens have fun!
- Be on time everyday (8:45am).
- Commit to AT LEAST 2 weeks of ATX Kids Club Summer Camp.
- Committing and upholding camp rules.
- Set a good example for your campers.
- Willingness to learn/understand that it is okay to make mistakes.
- Engage and play with campers.
- Assist in guiding campers, ages 4-8, through field trip adventures and tours.
- Maintain positive, appropriate relationships with children and staff.
- Informs Field Trip Leaders of all incidents and/or injuries of campers.
- Limited Cell Phone use, we ask that while you are working with campers that you do not use your cell phone unless it is being used as part of your duties.
- Respect others rights and please keep your hands to yourself.
- Swearing and foul language will not be tolerated.
- Physical violence will result in immediate volunteer termination.
- Use appropriate language and keep comments and stories “Rated G”.