Join ATX Kids Club and volunteer alongside one of our amazing Field Trip Leaders as we explore the Central Texas Region together. Each volunteer will be with a hired Field Trip Leader, taking daily adventures with a group of young campers between the ages of 4-9. Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm daily. Please review the details below before completing our online volunteer application.
- Ability to maintain high energy and enthusiasm for a strenuous week of adventures
- Enjoys working with children
- Willingness to follow directions carefully and trust in the guidance of your assigned Field Trip Leader
- Patience and respect for all youth/campers in our program
- A fun and positive approach to Summer Camp and life in general!
- Demonstrate responsibility, self-control, and a positive attitude.
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience working with diverse communities preferred
- Flexible and able to deal with unexpected situations
- Letter of recommendation, emailed to email@example.com.
- Attend mandatory volunteer training session, date tbd upon acceptance into program.
- Volunteer for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Complete volunteer application.
- Volunteers will develop mentoring skills.
- Volunteers will gain a sense of reward from working with adventurous campers.
- Volunteers gain valuable job experience and volunteer hours.
- Volunteers develop leadership skills.
- Volunteers have fun!
- Be on time everyday (8:30am).
- Commit to AT LEAST 2 weeks of ATX Kids Club Summer Camp.
- Committing to and upholding camp rules.
- Set a good example for your campers.
- Willingness to learn/understand that it is okay to make mistakes.
- Engage and play with campers.
- Assist in guiding campers, ages 4-9, through field trip adventures and tours.
- Maintain positive, appropriate relationships with children and staff.
- Informs Field Trip Leaders of all incidents and/or injuries of campers.
- No Cell Phones please, we ask that while you are working with campers that you do not use your cell phone, and that it be placed in the off position.
- Respect others rights and please keep your hands to yourself.
- Swearing and foul language will not be tolerated.
- Physical violence will result in immediate volunteer termination.
- Use appropriate language and keep comments and stories “Rated G”.